Scissor Lift risk assessment
Save time and money
Don’t waste time at a rental outfit or a “safety consultant”. You should be training your operators yourself with aerial lift train the trainer certification, and here’s how.
This online course is developed from a recent initiative to identify and document Best Practices for Aerial Work Platform (AWP) trainers and operators by members of the Scaffold Industry Association (SIA), in cooperation with rental operators, manufacturers, associations for those entities, educators, regulators, users and operators. Much of what follows has been adapted from the “Statement of Best Practices of General Training and Familiarization for Aerial WorkPlatform Equipment” issued by SIA in February, 2010.
The stated objective for this initiative is very straightforward:
“To increase the safe use of AWP equipment and expand AWP equipment riskmanagement knowledge throughout the industry, those from the industry have joined forces to create an industry—recognized Statement of Best Practices of General Training and Familiarization for Aerial Work Platform (AWP) Equipment.
This initiative is the result of recognized inconsistencies in the interpretation of what is general training and familiarization and how each is being delivered in the industry.”
The Best Practices initiative also includes a number of training objectives as well:
- - “To educate members of the industry on recognized and supported standards, including the American National Standards Institute/Scaffold Industry Association (ANSI/SIA) A92 Standards and the Occupational Safety &Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- - Present best practices and minimum general training guidelines for AWP equipment operators
- - Emphasize the differences between general training and familiarization
- - Clarify minimum qualifications of the trainer
What are the Benefits of Our Aerial Lift Train the Trainer Certification?
- - Save money by avoiding in-person training with a separate company
- - Train your employees when it is most convenient for your business
- - Enjoy peace of mind with a training program you know is compliant with the latest safety regulations
- - Receive education on Fall Protection Train the Trainer
- - Base training on your own tried-and-true practices
- - Reduce the number of injuries and fatalities on your worksite and avoid future occurrences
- Prevent expensive damage done to equipment
What is Included in Our Train the Trainer Online Courses?
For only $129.95, you can train your already certified aerial lift operators to train your new employees on all of the safety measures and operating techniques that are set and regulated by OSHA and ANSI, the American National Standards Institute. In as little as one hour, your employees will learn everything they need to know to educate your new operators properly, from the comfort of their home or during their lunch break at work. Our aerial lift train the trainer certification program provides the most comprehensive yet convenient way to train your employees to be educators and be OSHA compliant.
Fall Protection Train the Trainer
In this module, you will become familiar with the regulatory standards for personal fall protection, with attention to risk assessment and fall prevention.
There are three objectives in this training module – As the trainer you need to demonstrate:
- 1. Understanding of requirements for fall restraint or fall arrest while working in a boom-supported aerial lift
- 2. Understanding of Risk Assessment Considerations
- 3. Understanding of how to implement a Fall Protection System
The following OSHA regulations specify the requirements for fall restraint or fall arrest while working in a boom-supported aerial lift.