Doors lifting equipment Harlow Essex
Sumners Farm Close (Independent Living) Scheme is a two story purpose built flat block situated in the Sumners and Kingsmoor area of Harlow, consisting of 42 self-contained one bedroom flats.
Whilst similar to other Harlow Council Supported Housing Schemes, Sumners Farm Close also provides additional services for tenants to enable them to continue to live independently, such as such as a midday meals service and a 24 hour on-site care provider, who in addition to delivering planned care for individual tenants, will also support the tenants with unplanned care in the event of an emergency or sudden illness.
Communal facilities are for the enjoyment of all Sumners Farm Close Supported Housing Scheme tenants.
- Communal lounge: Yes, easily accessible for wheelchair users.
- Communal garden: Yes, a central courtyard.
- Communal laundry: Yes, coin operated.
- Communal dining room: Yes.
- Communal bathroom: Yes, in addition to individual wet rooms. There is a specially equipped wheelchair accessible bathroom fitted with a bath, lifting equipment, and a large walk in shower which can be used by carers to assist tenants.
- Disabled Lift: Yes.
- Car parking: Yes, small car park at the front of scheme.
- Door Entry System: Yes, access to the building is via a central doorway, which has a controlled door entry system.
- Cable TV: Yes.
Social activities and tenant involvement
Social activities, such as bingo, book club and games afternoons take place in either the communal lounge or the dining room. Supported Housing Officers organise a regular social activity and encourage and support tenants to organise their own activities. Tenants are invited to attend quarterly tenant participation meetings, sharing their issues and opinions on future management of the scheme. More information on tenant involvement
No smoking in all communal areas of the Supported Housing Schemes, although tenants may smoke in their property, if they wish.
Pets are not permitted at Sumners Farm Close.
A midday daily meal service with a varied menu catering for all dietary requirements, is available at an additional cost.
On-site care provider
Manorcourt Homecare specialise in providing planned or unplanned care services for people who wish to remain living in their own homes for as long as possible. They provide assistance with:
- Personal care routines such as bathing and dressing
- Domestic tasks such as washing, ironing, cleaning, cooking and shopping
- Support services
Each flat has a pull cord in each room and a linked smoke detector; tenants are also issued with a body worn pendant. There are also pull cords and smoke detectors strategically placed around the building, and an independent Fire Alarm System in the communal areas of the building, which incorporates emergency lighting and communal door closures. When the alarm system is activated the on-site care providers will automatically be alerted to your call and will respond immediately. More information on Careline
A master lock system is also fitted, which means that on-site staff can gain access to a property in an emergency, they will not enter a property unless the tenant has given permission for them to do so, or if they are concerned for the tenant’s wellbeing.
Rent, Council Tax and Housing Related Support charge
In addition to rent, all tenants pay the Housing Related Support (HRS) charge and Council Tax. The HRS charge contributes towards the cost of the emergency pull cord alarm system. All pay this charge however, tenants in receipt of housing benefit will have their HRS charge paid by Essex County Council. It is important that you tell us if you’re circumstances and/or your entitlement to housing benefit changes.
- Water: Tenant pays supplier direct.
- Electricity: Each property is individually metered, the tenant is responsible for their own electricity bill and has the right to choose their own supplier.
- Heating and hot water: Supplied to properties as part of a communal heating system; however there are individual controls in each property for tenants to vary the temperature. Communal heating is paid for as a separate service charge, alongside rent.
Share this article
Material Handling Equipment Tips
Crown Power equipment Harlow Essex
Harlow Essex equipment services
WebsiteBigbang is professionally engaged in website development. It provides a full range of services for creating both small sites and large Internet projects. The WebsiteBigbang team understands that each project is unique and they are ready to offer customers a flexible approach. The direct communication of developers with customers allows to reduce the total labor costs and the cost of the project and at the same time take into account all the customer's priority wishes. You'll get your perfect site within three days.